Last Revised: July 15, 2020
Who We Are and Websites We Own and Operate
TaylorMade is a US-based golf equipment and accessories manufacturer and retailer headquartered at 5545 Fermi Court, Carlsbad, California 92008, USA, with operations around the world, including in Canada, through Taylor Made Golf Canada, Ltd., the United Kingdom, through Taylor Made Golf Limited, and Australia, through TaylorMade Golf Australia Pty. Ltd.
The TaylorMade Websites are owned and maintained by Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc., a Delaware, United States corporation, Taylor Made Golf Canada, Ltd., Taylor Made Golf Australia Pty. Ltd., and Taylor Made Golf Limited, a company registered at the Companies Registration Office of England and Wales under the registration number 01424575, with registered office at Viables Business Park, Jays Close, Basingstoke, United Kingdom RG22 4BS, with VAT registration number GB330426006. Taylor Made Golf Limited is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. The registration number is Z9201387.
- Why We Collect Information
- What Information We Collect
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Chat Rooms and Forums
- Computer Profiles
- Golf Performance Technologies and Software
- How We Collect Information
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection
- Use of Web Beacons
- Advertising and Online Tracking
- Use of IP Addresses
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share Your Information
- Aggregate Information
- Unsolicited Emails Received by You
- TaylorMade Text Message Programs
- Your Rights & Choices About Your Personal Information
- Personal Information Maintenance & Opt-Out
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- Transfer and Processing of Information in the United States
- Notice to California Residents
- Additional Complaints Procedure for EEA Residents
- Complaints Procedure for Australian Users
- Questions & Changes in Policy
Why We Collect Information
TaylorMade collects personal information because it is necessary to enable us to deliver products and services. For example, if you order a product, we need to have information such as your billing address, product choice, delivery information, and payment processing information. Your personal information also helps us communicate with you about our latest products, special offers, sweepstakes, entering a contest, prize draw or competition, or other promotion, and other information and events you might like to know about, if you so choose.
We also collect your personal information to help us design, deliver operation of, and tailor your experience on the TaylorMade Websites. We may also correlate the personal information you have provided with information from other sources, which may help us to develop a more targeted user profile concerning you and/or your demographic information. For example, if you provide us with your personal information, we may crosscheck that against information that might otherwise be available through entities with whom we have a business relationship in order to develop a more in-depth demographic profile of you. We may also process personal information to target specific items of interest to you.
When you sign-up for and consent to receive marketing communications from us, we ask for your name and e-mail address.
What Information We Collect
Whenever you register a TaylorMade product, send us an email, purchase a product on a TaylorMade Website, register an account on one of the TaylorMade Websites, enter a contest, sweepstakes prize draw or competition, or other promotion, submit data through one of our applications, call our customer service department, subscribe to one of our newsletters, interact with us via a social networking service, or otherwise transmit information via any of the TaylorMade Websites, TaylorMade may obtain and collect your personal information, such as the following, without limitation:
- Your first and last name;
- Your contact details, including your postal address, delivery address (if different), telephone number, and email address;
- Your physical traits, including handedness and handicap;
- Your game performance data, including your golf scores, swing distance,
- Your equipment fitting details, including club preferences; and
- Payment details.
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit to the TaylorMade Websites, we and our third-party service providers (including content and analytics providers and advertising companies) may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the TaylorMade Websites or one of our advertisements or other content elsewhere online (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser you are using, the URL that referred you to the TaylorMade Websites, all of the areas within the TaylorMade Websites that you visit, and the time of the visit, among other information. Our systems may also automatically gather information about the search terms you use on the TaylorMade Websites and the links you select from within the TaylorMade Websites to other areas of the Web or elsewhere online. In addition, we may collect your IP address or other unique identifier of your computer, cell (mobile) phone, or other device used to access the TaylorMade Websites (collectively referred to as a “Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer, your cell (mobile) phone, or other device used to access the TaylorMade Websites, and our computers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you and therefore identifiable. Whenever we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with you, as an individual and identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, the TaylorMade Websites currently do not alter their practices when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Chat Rooms and Forums
The TaylorMade Websites may now or in the future include chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information via these public venues, which you do at your own risk. If you do so, you may receive unsolicited emails or “spam” from others. TaylorMade cannot safeguard the privacy of personal information that is disclosed online in this manner.
Golf Performance Technologies and Software
TaylorMade uses third party technologies, equipment and software that collects your performance data to help to choose or customize your golf equipment, to improve your game, and to personalize your experience when using TaylorMade products and services.
Please note that your personal information collected by the equipment, software, or tracking technologies owned or licensed by third parties (e.g. TrackMan device) is retained by TaylorMade and the third parties as independent controllers. TaylorMade is not responsible for processing of your personal information by the third parties.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in three primary ways:
1. You give us information: We collect information from you when you create an account with us, sign up to receive marketing communications, purchase a product from us, or when you interact with us about a product, service, or promotion we offer.
Children's Online Privacy Protection
Subject to the following clauses, TaylorMade does not knowingly collect contact or personal information from children under 13. The TaylorMade Websites are not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the TaylorMade Websites by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that most of the user content that appears on the TaylorMade Websites is stored and controlled by third party providers; thus, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
Users based in the European Economic Area (EEA)
The EEA countries establish the age of 16 as the threshold beyond which parental authorization for a child’s data processing is not required. In the countries where the law imposes stricter requirements and require parental consent for children under 16 years of age for processing of their personal information we rigorously adhere to those requirements.
If you are under the age of 16, please seek the consent of your parent or legal guardian for your personal data to be used by TaylorMade for browsing the TaylorMade Websites and/or using the services they offer. You will be able to create an account, place orders, and purchase goods and/or services on the TaylorMade Websites only if you verify your age
- keep count of return visits to the TaylorMade Websites
- accumulate and report anonymous, aggregate, statistical information on website usage
- deliver content and advertising specific to your interests or past viewing history
You can also disable cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you can accept or reject all cookies, or request a notification when a cookie is set.
Use of Web Beacons
The TaylorMade Websites and certain emails sent to opt-in consumers contain electronic images (called “pixels”, “transparent GIF files”, or “web beacons”) that allow us and our advertising partners to view and access cookies. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In some cases these files are provided by our online management partner. These files enable our online management partner to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to the TaylorMade Websites. The cookie was placed by us or by another advertiser that works with our online management partner. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted newsletters and other emails containing graphics that we send, so we may count the number of newsletters and emails that have been opened and read.
Advertising and Online Tracking
We may also use the web beacon and cookies to understand your online behavior and interests on the TaylorMade Websites and communications from TaylorMade to tailor advertisements and other communications shown and sent to you to market our goods and services. With both cookies and web beacons, the information stored by the web beacon or cookie does not contain information such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address. Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of our service providers who utilize these cookies and other tracking technologies on the TaylorMade Websites enable you to opt out from receiving this type of advertising. For more information about third party cookies and web beacons, including information about how to opt out of these technologies, click here.
Use of IP Addresses
TaylorMade does not store or record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of visitors to the TaylorMade Websites for marketing purposes, although we may store IP addresses in server logs for features such as to keep your shopping cart active, for system maintenance purposes, or to store the source location whenever someone provides Personal Information. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. An Internet Service Providers (“ISP”) typically assigns a random IP addresses at the time of your dial-up. For local area network (“LAN”), DSL, or cable modem users, an IP address may be permanently assigned to a particular computer. We typically cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. Your IP address can, however, reveal what geographic area you are connecting from, or which ISP you are using. Finally, other websites you visit have IP addresses, and we may collect the IP addresses of those websites and their pages, but these IP addresses do not tend to be associated with Internet users.
How We Use the Information We Collect
TaylorMade may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to enable us to respond to you generally, or to process, validate and verify requests and/or purchase orders
- to perform any services requested by you
- to compile and/or distribute aggregate information about our website users and aggregate usage patterns
- to provide our own website designers with useful information for improving our websites and developing new features and services that meet your needs
- to tailor your experience on the TaylorMade Websites and our communications with you, showing you content and sending you information we think might interest you or altering the content and our communications according to your personal preferences and interests
- as part of an online employment application to evaluate your qualifications only
- to share with government agencies, law enforcement, or with third parties if we think we are legally obligated, or to protect ourselves. For example, we will disclose information in response to subpoenas, investigative requests, and reasonable discovery requests.
How We Share Your Information
If you have consented to our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes, TaylorMade may also use your personal information for marketing and survey purposes on behalf of itself and its affiliates and subsidiaries. TaylorMade may appoint third party agents in connection with such marketing and survey efforts. TaylorMade may disclose personal information to select third-party retailers via the TaylorMade mobile fitting application, MyFittingExperience, while you are visiting these retailers for a fitting, to support your prospective and actual purchases from the retailer.
If you have exercised your “opt-out”, TaylorMade will use or disclose your personal information only as permitted by you, or: (1) when legally ordered to do so by a lawful subpoena or court order, (2) if you violate or breach an agreement with TaylorMade and TaylorMade seeks legal redress, (3) if we believe you will harm the property or rights of TaylorMade or those of TaylorMade’s other customers, (4) under exigent circumstances to protect the physical safety of TaylorMade, its employees, contractors, users or the general public, or (5) to validate credit card numbers for charging for fee services where relevant, (6) where we have some other legal obligation to process your personal information, or (7) in connection with any transaction or relevant contract we have with you.
TaylorMade may share aggregate statistical non-identifiable information with its business partners, sponsors or other third parties. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of visitors visited a certain area on the TaylorMade Websites, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out registration forms. Such information is not personal information because it does not identify you.
TaylorMade Text Message Programs
TaylorMade offers various text message programs from time to time. If you have consented to receive text messages from TaylorMade, you can opt-out of receiving future text messages at any time. Please see the terms and conditions applicable to your specific text message program to learn more, including how to opt-out of receiving future text messages. Message & Data Rates May Apply. For End users in the US and Canada to access Customer Service, please contact us at 1.866.530.8624 between 6 AM and 4 PM PST, Monday through Friday, or email us at email@example.com. For end Users in the United Kingdom to access Customer Service, please contact us at +44 (0) 800 0724 692 between 9 AM and 5 PM BST, Monday through Friday, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For end Users in Australia to access customer service, please contact us at 1.800.270.868 between 9 AM and 5 PM (UTC+10:00), Monday through Friday, or email us at email@example.com.
Your Rights & Choices About Your Personal Information
It is important that you are able to control your personal information. We are committed to providing you with control over your personal information. You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information under the applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation if applicable:
- Right of Access, which means your right to confirm whether we maintain any personal information concerning you in our systems and databases, what categories of personal information we store and use, purposes and legal basis of processing of your personal information, recipients, retention periods, cross-border transfers, technical and organizational measures we implement to secure privacy of your information;
- Right to request a copy, which means your right to receive a copy of personal information that you provided to us. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form;
- Right to Rectification, which means your right to request an amendment or update to any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we maintain about you in our systems and databases;
- Right to Restrict Processing, which means your right to request restrictions on how we use and process your personal information if you believe that TaylorMade does not have legal bases to process your personal information or your personal information is inaccurate (Users in Australia, please note that this right does not apply under Australian privacy laws);
- Right to Withdraw Consent, which means your right to revoke authorizations given to us on how to use and share your personal information, including disclosing your information to third-part recipients;
- Right to Object, which means your right to object to using your personal information for certain purposes, including direct marketing and profiling (Users in Australia, please note that this right does not apply under Australian privacy laws); and
- Right To Be Forgotten, which means your right to request us to erase your personal information from our systems and databases (Users in Australia, please note that this right does not apply under Australian privacy laws).
Please be aware that it is not always possible to completely delete, erase, or comply with your request with respect to all of your personal information from or in our systems and databases without some residual data backups because we still need to process your personal information for the purpose the data was originally collected, or we need your information to comply with legal obligations, perform contracts, resolve disputes, and for other legitimate reasons. We are also unable to delete your transactional data related to your purchases and returns because we need to keep these records as long as required by the applicable law. If we are precluded from honoring your request for erasure of your personal information, we will inform you about that and of the reasons for the rejection. We will process such requests within one month of receipt of the request and the information enabling us to address the request or within such other time as specified by applicable law. Please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For verification purposes and to protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to the requests sent from an email address that you provided to us or used when registering an account on the TaylorMade Websites.
We may need to ask you for additional or specific information in order to verify your identity and to respond to your data subject request. This is a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to a wrong person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask some further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Occasionally, it may take us longer than 30 days to handle your request if your request is particularly complex or you have made a high number of requests. In this case we will notify you accordingly and keep you updated.
If you have a registered account with TaylorMade and would like to update or delete your contact information, please visit the “Account Settings” section and update the “Personal Data” section of your personal information details.
Personal Information Maintenance & Opt-Out
You are consenting to receiving marketing communications from TaylorMade if you check the box stating that you want to receive emails or marketing communications from TaylorMade Golf under Account Settings on a TaylorMade Website, and you are opting out if you leave the box unchecked. You will not receive marketing communications from TaylorMade unless you have opted in by checking the box under Account Settings on a TaylorMade Website. Should you opt-in to receiving marketing communications, you have the right to opt-out at any time by managing your Account Settings, emailing us at email@example.com, or clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the newsletter or email. Please note that it may take us 10 business days to honor your request or a shorter period where required by law. If you wish to restrict, amend or delete any personal information you have previously provided without opting out, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to provide a simple way to review, correct, update or remove personal information you have given us should you have those rights under applicable law. If you wish to stop receiving a TaylorMade newsletter that you have previously subscribed for or any other marketing communications, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions contained at the bottom of each newsletter or email.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be retained by TaylorMade for as long as the purposes for which the personal information was collected continue and require so, or if the retention is necessary for our legal or business purposes. For example, we may need to retain your personal information if we need to defend a legal claim or in case of a dispute. In addition, we retain the right to keep non-identifiable information related to your game performance, golf equipment preferences, use of TaylorMade products and/or applications for research and development purposes to improve our products and your user experience. We will keep your personal information shared by you for direct marketing purposes until you notify us (by opting-out) that you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from us. Where you have purchased a product from us or entered into any other transaction we may keep details of the transaction and your personal information related to that transaction for any limitation period or for such period as we are required under tax laws or other legislation.
Transfer and Processing of Information in the United States
TaylorMade is a United States corporation. Information we collect from you will be transferred and processed in the United States. Although access to the TaylorMade Websites is available around the world, use and enjoyment of the TaylorMade Websites is governed and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States. Where activity of TaylorMade as operator of TaylorMade Websites subjects it to European data protection laws, TaylorMade complies with the requirements of those laws and regulations. TaylorMade makes no representations that the TaylorMade Websites are governed or operated in accordance with the law of any other state. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that personal information you provide and/or collected by TaylorMade may be transferred to and processed in the United States and the United Kingdom.
For Users in the United Kingdom.
Currently The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR (the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679). When transferring your personal information outside of the country of collection for the purposes stated herein, TaylorMade complies with the applicable laws. For the data transfer outside the European Economic Area, TaylorMade uses standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. For the purposes of onward personal data transfers outside the European Economic Area within the TaylorMade group of companies, TaylorMade companies have entered into a Data Transfer Agreement.
The TaylorMade Websites use physical, electronic and managerial security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
- We use Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) connections with 128-bit encryption for certain transactions and confidential data. When you use a secure browser, all information you submit comes to us over the Internet in an encrypted form. Every secure page uses a digital certificate issued by a third-party certification authority. A “site certificate” sits on all secure pages. To view this certificate, click on the image of the closed lock or the solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window.
- We monitor system and application activity logs to identify any unusual activity from authorized and/or unauthorized individuals accessing our systems and/or making changes to stored information. We regularly perform preventative system maintenance and monitoring to ensure the security of our data systems.
- We maintain our servers in locked facilities with secure and restricted access. Backup tapes are retrieved daily and stored by an independent company in a secure, off-site location.
You don’t need to provide personally identifiable information to access and browse the TaylorMade Websites. The TaylorMade Websites do not require you to set up a user ID and password unless you subscribe for some of our special services or create a purchasing account with us. We recommend you do not divulge your password to anyone. TaylorMade will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited telephone call or email.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk. You can report network abuse and any risk of security violations to us by emailing email@example.com.
Additional Complaints Procedure for EEA Residents
In the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint to our supervisory authority for data protection matters (namely, the Information Commissioner’s Office via its website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Complaints Procedure for Australian Users
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues, or if you believe your privacy rights have been breached or your personal information mishandled, and you wish to lodge a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by us and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, typically within approximately 30 days.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 1300 363 992
Notice to California Residents
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the TaylorMade Websites. Please note that most user content that appears on the TaylorMade Websites is stored and controlled by third party providers; thus, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
To make an Erasure Law request, email us at email@example.com with Erasure Law (under age 18) in the subject line, and include your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your message. We will respond within 30 days or as otherwise required by law.
Shine the Light Law
If you are a California resident, you can request a list of personal information, if any, we have shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of such third parties. You can make this request once per year. Please be aware that we do not currently disclose personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.To make a Shine the Light request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Shine the Light in the subject line, and include your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your message. We will respond within 30 days or as otherwise required by law.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, you have the following additional privacy rights:
- Request to Know: You have the right to request the personal information we have about you, the categories of your personal information we have collected, shared, and sold, if any, in the past 12 months, the purposes for collecting your personal information, and the categories of third parties we have shared or sold, if any, your personal information with.
- Affirmation Authorization: We do not sell your personal information. Should we wish to sell your personal information in the future, we will seek your affirmative authorization. Accordingly, at present, we are not accepting or acting upon any such affirmative authorization.
- Request to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete personal information collected from you.
- Appoint an Authorized Agent: You have the right to use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf when you sign the authorization in a way that complies with the ESIGN Act. To act on your request, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf. We may otherwise deny your or your agent’s requests.
- Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against anyone for exercising any of these rights.
You or your designated agent may exercise any of your California Consumer Privacy Act rights by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 877.860.8624 between 6 AM and 4 PM PST, Monday through Friday. We will need to verify your identity (or your agent’s where appliable) prior to addressing or fulfilling a request made pursuant to the CCPA. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information. If we cannot verify your or your agent’s identity within 45 days, we may deny your request. Otherwise, we will respond within 30 days or within such other time as specified by law.
Information Collected on California Residents
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- IP Address
- Date of Birth
- Personal identification details
- Golf scores, handicap and other golf-related information
- Photographs and video
- Preferred communication methods
- Payment and other transaction information
- Interactions with Customer Service
- Information received from cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies
- Any other type of information that you choose to provide to us.
Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose:
- We may disclose each of the above categories of personal information for business purposes.
Sources of Information:
- Self-disclosure (e.g., information provided you provide to obtain our products or use our services or information you provide in chat rooms)
- Business partners (e.g. content and analytics companies, advertising and marketing companies, golf clubs, select retailers)
- Technical service providers (e.g., cloud service providers)
Business Purposes for Collection and Use of Information:
- Provide products and services
- Sponsor tournaments and events, contests, sweepstakes, and promotions
- Perform market research and aggregated analytics
- Prevent, detect, and manage unlawful or threatening behavior
- Market products and services, and target offers
- Provide customer service
Do Not Track.
- TaylorMade Websites do not respond to "do not track" requests from browsers.
Questions & Changes in Policy